$10 Off Over $40 Code:
Your cart is currently empty.
Or View Cart
Free shipping & return in 30-days
Pumpkin picking for eye health
November 05, 2019
Do Blue-Light-Blocking Glasses Actually Do Anything?
October 23, 2019
October 11, 2019
Posted on Sep 03, 2019 by Xizi Liu
The importance of annual eye exams goes well beyond just making sure your vision isn't blurry. Here are five reasons why eye exams are important — and why you should have annual eye exams to safeguard your health and wellness.
1. Eye exams help children succeed in school.Did you know that 80 percent of what children are expected to learn in and outside the classroom requires good vision? and that statistic, which has been around for a long time, probably should be revised upward because of the ever-increasing amount of screen time kids are exposed to these days.An annual eye exam is the only way to ensure your child is seeing clearly and comfortably to succeed in the classroom. It’s also the only way to know for sure if kids are seeing their best for sports and other activities, too.
2. Myopia is becoming an epidemic.After a comprehensive exam, your eye doctor will discuss the findings and offer treatment options best suited to your needs.The number of children who are developing myopia (nearsightedness) is growing faster than ever. And more kids are getting nearsighted at a very early age.Children who become nearsighted very early in life tend to experience a worsening and progression of nearsightedness that continues throughout childhood — and this puts them at a significantly greater risk of very serious and potentially sight-threatening eye conditions later in life, including cataracts, glaucoma and retinal detachment.Scheduling annual eye exams is the best way to assess your child's risk of myopia. When detected early, myopia control measures can be taken to slow the progression of myopia and reduce your child’s risk of serious eye problems later in life.
3. Vision screenings are no substitute for an eye exam.Too often, parents are led to believe their child is seeing perfectly well because she passed a school vision screening. Or adults think they see perfectly because they pass a vision screening at the motor vehicle department. Frequently, neither of these assumptions are correct.Only a comprehensive eye exam by an optometrist or ophthalmologist can ensure your vision is as clear and comfortable as possible — and that you're free from potentially serious eye diseases that don’t have obvious early symptoms, including glaucoma and even eye cancer.
4. Glaucoma.Of all serious eye diseases, glaucoma is probably the sneakiest. That's because there are no discernable symptoms in most cases of early glaucoma.People who fail to have routine eye exams and develop glaucoma typically become aware of it only after they’ve sustained permanent vision loss from the disease. And by that time, controlling glaucoma to prevent additional vision loss can be very difficult. Without successful control with medical treatment and/or glaucoma surgery, the disease can lead to blindness.Early detection of high eye pressure and other risk factors for glaucoma is possible only with routine eye exams. Vision screenings do little to nothing to identify or prevent glaucoma.
5. Annual eye exams can detect other serious health problems.Did you know that many people first learn they have serious health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and even cancer from a routine eye exam.Our eyes have been called "the window to our soul." It turns out, they also are often a very effective window to our overall health.During a comprehensive eye exam, your eye doctor can observe and evaluate the health and condition of the blood vessels in your retina, which are a good predictor of the health of blood vessels throughout your body. Conditions such as diabetes, hypertension and hypercholesterolemia all are visible by changes in the appearance of the retinal blood supply and blood vessels.
Don't put it off — schedule an eye exam todayEven if you think you have perfect vision, an annual eye exam can be one of the best things you can do to protect the overall health and wellness of you and your loved ones.
Cyxus Blue Light Filter Glasses can blocks harmful blue light up to 80%, can protect you eyes better from digital screen.
All blog comments are checked prior to publishing
is added to your shopping cart.
is added to your wish list.